THE GALACTIC SENATE

The official forum of the sg_starwars mailing list. We are now also at www.facebook.com/GalacticSenate
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:31 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:18 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 10:40 pm
Posts: 915
Check out our feature story about the bazaar at :

http://www.starwars.sg/index.php?option ... 6&Itemid=1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 9:02 pm
Posts: 1314
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free
cardz_house wrote:
nice display of merchandise but not what i am looking for. trading cards anyone?


Trading cards? I got a few lying around the table in my card album or next to me is the lord of cards... his tables filled with cards. None other than getzjedi. Go check his stall out tomorrow (and not forgetting the others :P )

_________________
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:19 am 
Offline
moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 1:19 am
Posts: 3002
Location: Singapore
cardz_house wrote:
nice display of merchandise but not what i am looking for. trading cards anyone?

What did you think was on my tables? Family photos??? :roll:

I've got almost every series except the recent sets... :wink:

_________________
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:08 pm
Posts: 24
Location: Singapore
Yep but I was under the impression that you had the CCG game cards which I am not interested. U have any other cards? Can give me list? I got these fabulous cards to trade.

1. Star Wars ROTS Widevision Michael Kingma 'Tarfful' Auto

Image

2. Star Wars ROTS Widevision Amy Allen 'Aayla Secura' Auto

Image

3. Star Wars ROTS Widevision Chrome Set

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:43 pm
Posts: 254
Location: Kamino
Daniel and the rest of jedi council,
Thanks for organizing such a wonderful event. My house is less of fire hazards now. Most importantly, I have met some of fellow members and true Star wars fans. It was also a cheap family bonding activity for me.

Sooi Lian mentioned there is a possibility of having another Bazaar before the whole Exhibition is over. I will definitely support the 2nd one. Fellow stall owners what say you?

For the others, it was also a cash converting opportunity for you to get ride of your unwanted stuffs. Maybe I can look forward to build a Clone trooper armor if I participate in a couple of Bazaar more. :)

On the whole, it was exhausting but fun weekends.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 9:02 pm
Posts: 1314
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free
Jedi_slayer wrote:
Daniel and the rest of jedi council,
Thanks for organizing such a wonderful event. My house is less of fire hazards now. Most importantly, I have met some of fellow members and true Star wars fans. It was also a cheap family bonding activity for me.

Sooi Lian mentioned there is a possibility of having another Bazaar before the whole Exhibition is over. I will definitely support the 2nd one. Fellow stall owners what say you?

For the others, it was also a cash converting opportunity for you to get ride of your unwanted stuffs. Maybe I can look forward to build a Clone trooper armor if I participate in a couple of Bazaar more. :)

On the whole, it was exhausting but fun weekends.


Make it free and make it during a holiday
Great event. Poor crowd..but that cant be predicted .

_________________
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: bazaar
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 11:18 pm
Posts: 42
Location: East Sg
i agree too, great event but it'll be better if there is a better crowd. overall its nice to meet new pple though. thanks to all who are involved in org the event.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:47 pm 
Offline
moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 1:19 am
Posts: 3002
Location: Singapore
I definitely want IN for the next bazaar... My sales within 2 days had far exceeded the ones I had in Yahoo Auctions and I now got a better idea what fans are looking for...

But I gotta agree that the crowd numbers over this weekend is pathetic... Probably because there wasn't any publicity of the bazaar... On the other hand, I guess it was a good thing the bazaar wasn't publicized, cos the number of stalls was just as pathetic...

_________________
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:50 pm 
Offline
moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 1:19 am
Posts: 3002
Location: Singapore
cardz_house wrote:
Yep but I was under the impression that you had the CCG game cards which I am not interested. U have any other cards? Can give me list? I got these fabulous cards to trade.

Let me ship in the ROTS sets first and we'll see if trades are possible then... I do need to complete some of the older sets... Not too keen to hunt down chase cards though...

_________________
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:05 pm
Posts: 638
Location: Dantooine
My interest lies in Lego spaceships. I have a number of them but not all. I saw two I did not have at the Simply Toys shop but they do not sell them on their own. I do not like the large ones as they take up too much space.

Actually to make the bazaar livelier, there are ways but I did not want to suggest it earlier as these were suppose to be put up by fans. One way is to get the ones really into business and already have shops.

Business is by no means guaranteed. I wonder if the weather may have an effect. Holidays should be a better time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 9:02 pm
Posts: 1314
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free
I had 2 for sales (consignment)
$10 and $25 . Way below retail :P

_________________
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:06 pm
Posts: 245
Location: Western Singapore
Do you fixed them up?
lhs1701 wrote:
My interest lies in Lego spaceships. I have a number of them but not all. I saw two I did not have at the Simply Toys shop but they do not sell them on their own. I do not like the large ones as they take up too much space.

Actually to make the bazaar livelier, there are ways but I did not want to suggest it earlier as these were suppose to be put up by fans. One way is to get the ones really into business and already have shops.

Business is by no means guaranteed. I wonder if the weather may have an effect. Holidays should be a better time.

_________________
Trust me princess~


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:43 pm
Posts: 254
Location: Kamino
GetzJedi wrote:
I definitely want IN for the next bazaar... My sales within 2 days had far exceeded the ones I had in Yahoo Auctions and I now got a better idea what fans are looking for...

But I gotta agree that the crowd numbers over this weekend is pathetic... Probably because there wasn't any publicity of the bazaar... On the other hand, I guess it was a good thing the bazaar wasn't publicized, cos the number of stalls was just as pathetic...


My evaluation of the crowd:
I learned not to underestimate the power of the younglings (Children). Quite powerful they were. They could influence the minds of the weak ones (who eh?) .

The Science Centre staffs made up bulk of my customers and some of them were repeated. Even a cleaner came and bought something from me. Sooi Lian's husband was my first customer and she was my last. :) Three cheers for all of them.

Price was top of my customers' consideration. Eg, a Titantium Gunship at $45 will be a "Wow" to most of them. However, there were some who were willing to spend $70 - 100 at one go.

My nick need to be changed after I 'kana' sliced 30% off my price by one skilled price slayer cum mother.

I also lost some deal because I do not have Credit card or NETS facilities.


On the whole, it was a good "cash converting" opportunity for me although I am not ready to make selling Star wars for living yet.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 9:02 pm
Posts: 1314
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free
Jedi_Slayed? :P

I didn make much
Less than $160

_________________
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:06 pm 
Offline
moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 1:19 am
Posts: 3002
Location: Singapore
Jedi_slayer wrote:
The Science Centre staffs made up bulk of my customers and some of them were repeated.

My nick need to be changed after I 'kana' sliced 30% off my price by one skilled price slayer cum mother.

Haha... Pretty true about the staff... I think I know which mother you were referring to... But I didn't give in to her... She actually waited 20 minutes for my Crazy Price Reduction Sale to start, but wanted the prices to go even lower... That would have been INSANE!!! :lol:

_________________
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
© 2012 starwars.sg. All rights reserved.

Our forum is used by fans and members of the public and the statements, comments, or opinions expressed by users through use of the forum are those of their respective authors, who are solely responsible for them, and do not represent the views of the webmasters .

If any material, including images, that is copyrighted is inadvertantly posted at the forum, please contact the webmasters and we will remove the material with IMMEDIATE effect , with apologies .

This fansite is not affiliated with or endorsed by Lucasfilm Ltd. or Twentieth Century Fox and is intended for entertainment and information purposes only.
We do not profit from the running of this site , which is our tribute to George Lucas and Star Wars. Be sure to visit the Official Star Wars site at www.starwars.com.

All audio, visual and textual content on this site (including all names, characters, images, trademarks and logos)
are protected by trademark rights, copyrights and other rights owned by their respective owners.

STAR WARS® is a trademark of Lucasfilm, Ltd.
Lucasfilm™ is a trademark of Lucasfilm, Ltd.